University of Colorado at Colorado Spring
- Colleges & Universities
Founded in 1965 and located at the foot of Pikes Peak, the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs is the fastest growing campus in the state and among the fastest in the nation.
This premier comprehensive undergraduate and specialized graduate research university provides students with academically rigorous and life-enriching experiences in a vibrant learning community. We advance knowledge, integrate student learning with the spirit of discovery, and broaden access to higher education for the benefit of southern Colorado, the state, nation and world.
The history of the University of Colorado precedes the creation of the state. At its first session in 1861, the Colorado territorial legislature passed an act creating a university in Boulder. Further south, UCCS has its own rich history as a site and campus. Many millennia before any students began studying here, a small group of ancestral American Indians set up camp overlooking an arroyo on the west edge of what is now the campus.
Whom to Contact
- Jen HaneDirector of Alumni Relations
- Sue MitchellDirector, Student Success Center
- Andreanna RomeroConference Services ConsultantPhone: (719) 255-4445
- Susie SargentProgram Manager, Development
- Terry SchwartzAssoc.Dean, School of Public Affairs
- Susan SzpyrkaSenior Assoc. Vice Chancellor for Administration